1502 College St
(Houston Elementary Gym on SE Corner)
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- the ability of the body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Muscular endurance- the ability of the muscles or muscle groups to sustain repeated contractions against a specific resistance for an extended period of time.
- Strength- the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
- Flexibility- the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power- the ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed- the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination- the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into singular distinct movements.
- 8. Agility- the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance- the ability to control placement of the body's center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy- the ability to control movement into a given direction or at a given intensity.